Monday, September 24, 2007

week 1 day 2 of t.v. ban

So yesterday was the first official no tv day. It went pretty well. My 7 year old Max turned on the tv once, while being reminded of the ban responded with the classic, "Awwww!" Luckily yesterday we had plenty to do. School days are actually easier to deal with no tv because the boys aren't home to watch it anyway, but today with the rain it may be a little difficult. Oh well, I have to stick with it so they will not be so lazy. I just don't know how I am going to handle 4 more weeks of soccer with a child who does not want to try. I just wish he would try! I have a new motto or chant for myself for mothering it is "CQ" which for Calm and Quiet. Whenever I feel frustrated and feel like screaming I just chant to myself calm and quiet, calm and quiet. It is how the Savior was and is, and that is what I am supposed to be emulating. Most people don't respond well to screaming so why would my kids, besides they are so used to it, there is no difference. So after they get used to me being "CQ" when I do yell (hopefully infequently) they will be suprised and know I mean business then actually listen. I really hope I can stick with this!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...