Friday, July 29, 2011

FO Friday

After hanging out with these cute people

And doing a little of this (I'm wakeboarding)

I came home and finished my hat, then I soaked it and thought I would block it like a beret to show the lace and cable detail.

I liked the way it showed the detail, but when I put it on...

I just didn't have the look I was going for plus it felt kinda heavy. Weird.

 So I re-soaked it and just threw it on my drying rack without any shaping. I like it much better. I think you can still the detail, in person anyway.

I look like I'm a teenager in these pics with my headphones Lol!

I almost forgot I made this with 2 skeins of  Cleckheaton Country Silk 8ply from DBNY on size 7 circ's and dpn's. I still need to type up the pattern, I hope I can read the notes I made :)

Wednesday, July 06, 2011

WIP Wednesday

Regretfully, I am not the most consistent blogger. I don't know if anyone even reads this blog. I read/stalk several knitting blogs so just in case someone else in cyber space needs some inspiration, I would like to be able to offer that. To help me be more consistent I will be starting some new features, (plus it might help me finish projects)such as: Work-In-Progress Wednesday and maybe Finished-Object(FO)Friday, and maybe Sunday Inspirations. Hopefully this will produce at least one post a week.

So...for this WIP Wednesday
I give you a lace and cable hat that I hope will be slouchy once it's blocked. It is made with Cleckheaton country silk 8 ply in chocolate that I bought from DBNY. Love that place, but it can be bittersweet because I love this yarn and of course it is discontinued. I am hoping this hat doesn't become a lesson in gauging because I am an idiot and didn't check my gauge because I have knit with it and the same needle size before here, but not this particular stitch pattern.

This project is still coming together in my head. I started out wanting to make just a simple swingy-cardi-vest type thing, but I got bored so it will probably end up still a swingy-cardi-vest, but with some lace up the back and around the front. I just need to do some math. It is made with yarn that I bought for another project here and here, but it failed so I ripped it out thus the new design. Both of these WIP's are my designs by the way. The yarn is Naturally Caron SPA ocean spray and it's super soft, but a little splitty. I know that's not a word, but it's the best way I have to describe it.

So that's it for my works in progress, next week I have to skip because we are going to Lake Powell for some fun in the sun! No knitting in the sand for me!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...