Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Remembering

I hadn't organized my coat closet boxes since the move, but it snowed so I decided it must be done. While doing this seasonal task I came upon some memories.
I learned to knit and crochet when I was a young girl, but I didn't realize the treasure my mother had given me until I became mother myself. My friend had been put on bed rest, her sister-in-law taught her to knit which sparked my interest again. I was amazed at how quickly I remembered the techniques. With a little pride in my heart I went for it full force and haven't stopped! The gloves were the first thing I knit that I was proud of, also the first thing I knit from a pattern(the other things were just practice swatches and beenies) I still wear them. The little hat and gloves were the next thing, I made them for my son who is now 10. TEN! The saddest part is that my youngest who is almost 2 has already grown out of them :( My heart hurts to pass them on to a younger nephew. Will his mom even put it on him? Should I just put it in my cedar chest? Am I being selfish? I don't really know what to do.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...