Saturday, August 27, 2011

FO Friday & Happy Yarn Shopping Birthday To Me!

So I've been a bad blogger and an ADD knitter, starting projects left and right and then abandoning them to take care of my children's hectic sports & music schedules. So finally I have an FO to share. I actually finished the sweater part a while ago, but I didn't want to show it until I had the flower done which isn't actually part of the pattern. I think the flower is too big though :( but it will have to suffice for now. And just so you know it's paper clipped on in the pics because I don't have anything better right now. I know crazy that I could not find one single safety pin even.
Here is a pic of the flower alone:

Pattern: Ross's Hat ( just the flower from this pattern)
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk Aran
Needles: size 10 US




I think it looks better here on the bed, cuz I'm a total goofball posing in my closet.

See TOTAL goofball!



Pattern: Antropologie-Inspired capelet by Julia Allen
Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Bulky in Pewter
Needles: size 11 US








 Now for my birthday my hubby didn't get me a present. In his defense he and the kids got me a cake, ice cream and made me a really cute movie. I was pretty mad about the no present thing (a new phone that I hinted at) cuz it just made me feel unimportant. Anywho he said he thought I would just want to go buy yarn (which of course I always do)...I hope he doesn't regret it and I actually think I was pretty thrifty about it. Isn't it pretty?



Here's what I got:
 Cascade Yarns ALpaca Lace (blue-green)
Plymouth Yarns Mulberry Merino (pink)
  Plymouth Yarns Mulberry Merino (purple)
Berroco Inca Gold (blushy red)
Gotta love my LYS Unraveled Sheep in Sandy!
               I am totally loving this last one it is so soft!

I couldn't wait to start gauging for my next project. Normally I hate gauging (neccesary evil) but Inca Gold (a travesty that it's being discontinued) is such a joy to knit with I don't even mind gauging. Belfast Hoodie here        
     we come. See you on WIP Wednesday!                                                                                      



Here is my lovely gauge swatch with Inca Gold:                           

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...