Thursday, September 22, 2011

Just Like Karate Kid



Since these socks have already been posted about as a WIP and they are not totally done I can't post them as an FO, but I am so proud that I finished one sock that I just had to post about it. I know I can do some fancy schmancy magic loop knit 2 at a time thing, but I don't know how so for now I'm just doing one at a time.
At the end of knitting a sock from the top down you have to close up your sock and the best way I think to do that is kitchner stitch. If you're not acquainted with kitchner then a good place to learn how is here. She says to chant knit, purl, purl, knit which is a good idea to keep yourself on track. I take a tip from Daniel Son and chant knit off, purl on, purl off, knit on. check out the link and you'll see why. Now on to the next sock!
Happy knitting!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...